Thursday, February 16, 2012

Men in Tights


Of course, I have to talk about the kids! This is one post of what I’m sure will be many about things I notice about Spanish kiddos. Lately, I’ve been thinking more and more about their appearance. The young children here are normally well dressed, and they frequently look like super cute versions of miniature adults. Whether they are at school or walking around in the street with their parents, I always look and wonder how in the world all the parents have convinced their children to give up the tennis shoes and jeans and replace them with little flats or boots and skirt/tights/leggings. The little girls frequently wear dresses or skirts with matching bows and tights- and not just for Sunday School. I’m talking about a Saturday afternoon walking along the beach. Granted, this doesn’t stop them from running around and being crazy like any normal child. They just look really really cute doing it. If only I had the motivation to dress as a 5 year old Spanish girl…

However, the little boys are my favorite: On a normal day you can see them dressed like little men, with their little sweaters and khaki pants. On special days or sometimes as school uniforms and the smallest boys wear cute shorts with- the best part- tights! At about 5 years old they outgrow the tight-wearing stage but I love seeing the little ones in their brown, white, black, blue, or maroon tights and adorable formal shoes. From what I've seen this style is basically unheard of  for boys in the United States, and every time I see a little boy with his outfit, complete with matching tights I just want to pick him up and give him a huge squeeze. Its so cute!
"Jesusito" at his Mama's wedding



No comments:

Post a Comment